Implementing an international paid search campaign can seem daunting to businesses to begin with and takes significant time and work. Combined with specific research by a chosen professional it can be very effective in converting visitors into sales. If implemented correctly it is an integral form of marketing for any business aiming for a share in the global market place online. And with search ads boosting brand awareness by 80%, paid search is much more than just another platform for your ads.Approaching a Global Marketplace Needs Strategic Planning.
Assessing your ability to service international clients is the first step to measuring the success of a potential global campaign:
- Is there a decent search volume for the keywords you are targeting?
- Is there a market for your product or services abroad?
- For example how does your business fare when it comes to communicating outside of your native language?
- Do you have team members who can communicate effectively with potential global customers?
- Do you already have a multilingual website and information tailored to international visitors?
- Did you know that PPC visitors are 50% more likely to purchase something than organic visitors?
A globally targeted campaign requires significant research much the same as an English one. Researching your competition is key. Remember the top converting keywords in your existing campaign may not translate into successful competitive keywords for your international one. Thinking like your target market is essential and ideally the entire experience needs to be in your visitor’s native language so correct translations are imperative. Exact word for word translation using a tool could put you in hot water if the translation turns out to be rude or culturally offensive.
Approaching each market uniquely and separately will allow you to be thorough with your research and maximise the effectiveness of your campaign by growing your international portfolio and providing good return on both your financial and strategic efforts.
If you are looking for rapid growth and you are also the very best in the world at what you do, passionate, full of energy and bold or a captain of industry of a leading or seriously ambitious challenger business or brand - get in touch to find out more ›